Article Writing Competition
- This event has passed.
Article Writing Competition
In lieu of Independence Day, H.Y.D.R.A. organized a National level Online Article Writing Competition on 15th August,2020 to invite youth of the nation to instill their ideas and channelize their contemplation’s regarding topics that bind our day to day lives like some phenomenon driving expression and opinion out of our minds for governing its role in the masses. Creative Writing is a form of artistic expression that draws on the imagination/ thoughts/ perspectives to convey meaning through use of drama, imagery, narrative etc. and we were glad
to function as a platform for young voices.
The entire competition was branched in different phases and levels. The preliminary evaluation targeted narrowing scrutinization of articles with respect to their alignment with guidelines. Further evaluation was catered by our
an evaluation board (a group of learned and experienced educators). Different events of significance are as follows-
• 21st July 2020 – Announcement of National Level Online Article Writing Competition.
• 1st August 2020 – Commencement of registrations
• 12th August 2020 – Presentation of Guidelines and Topics
• 15th August 2020 – Submission of articles
• 16th August 2020 – Preliminary Evaluation by members of H.Y.D.R.A
• 22th August 2020 – First round Evaluation by Evaluation Board
• 28th August 2020 – Final round Evaluation by Evaluation Board
• 5th September 2020 – Declaration of result
After a lot of discussions, we filtered three topics:
1. Gender-sensitive Indian society is prerequisite for Queer Empowerment.
2. How do you think will this year 2020, shape the year 2021?
3. Rise of Artificial Intelligence- The threat of jobless future or Better job opportunities through re-skilling and up-skilling.
Evaluation Board Experienced educators in fields of teaching and learning contributed their juryskills checking received articles for format, content, expression etc. We are indebted to the following academicians who constituted our evaluation board.
• Mr Shaji K.J.: Teacher at St. Joseph’s School, Greater Noida
• Ms Suman Saikia: Teacher at St. Joseph’s School, Greater Noida
• Mr Chandrakant Mahtha: Teacher at St. Joseph’s School, Greater Noida
• Ms Naina: Teacher at J P International School, Greater Noida
• Ms Dimple Puri: Principal of DLF World School
• Ms Awantika: Assistant Professor at Lloyd Law College
• Dr Rinkal: Assistant Professor at Sharda University
Winners and Perks:
Evaluation procedures found its way to the best article which was composed by Sanjana Chib, a student at Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, New Delhi.
Runner up positions were bagged by:
1st Runner Up- Ritu Bhaskar, a student at Indore Institute of Law, Indore
2nd Runner Up- Rahul Mishra, a student at Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law,Mumbai.
Consolation prizes were awarded to:
Piyush Iyer, student at UPES, Dehradun and Bhimesh Singh, student at Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat.